www.amazon.co.ukGuest 1: David Marshak, author of Kids Need the Same Teacher for More than One Year.
Topic: The most humane innovation to improve education for your children.
Issues: Why having your child in a classroom with the same teacher for at least two years leads to higher academic achievement, more efficient use of school time, more positive social and emotional learning, more enthusiasm for learning; stronger and more-friendly relationships between you and your child’s teacher.
www.amazon.co.ukGuest 2: Jeffrey Lee, author of Catch a Fish.
Topic: 21 timeless skills every child should know and any parent can teach.
Issues: Can knowing how to fold a paper airplane make you a better parent? How parents can teach their children what they really want to learn. Activities ranging from the practical to the frivolous that every mom and dad can teach (and learn if you don’t already know how).
- William Koch, Still Serving Veterans, stillservingveterans.org
- Laura Halligan, Hope for the Warriors, hopeforthewarriors.org
- Tiffany Sizemore and Tina Saari, T.A.P.S.taps.org
- Lindsey Fischetti, USO, uso.org
- Debbie Vanderbeek, American Red Cross, redcross.org