In El Cerrito, CA–just a few miles from my home–an unidentified 32-year old man was arrested in a Safeway grocery store. That in itself isn’t terribly newsworthy. But what’s truly remarkable is what the guy was doing and where he was doing it.
- He was in the women’s restroom–found there by a young girl who ran and told her mother, who reported the guy to store security.
- He was reading a porn magazine.
- He was smoking a joint, which later turned out to have been laden with cocaine.
- He was also sipping on a bottle of stolen soda.
- Oh, and he wasn’t alone — he was sitting there with a small child, presumably (but hopefully not) his own.
Any one of these activities–particularly in the company of a small child–is stupid. But all together, it’s really quite impressive.
The original news story appeared here.