The overwhelming majority of parenting books are aimed at women. But THE NEW FATHER: A Dad’s Guide to the First Year is the groundbreaking, standard-setting guide to the first year of parenthood written exclusively from the father’s point of view. THE NEW FATHER: is an indispensable resource that offers valuable, month-by-month information and tips on all aspects of fatherhood. Named one of the best parenting books of the year by Child Magazine, THE NEW FATHER, incorporates author Armin (Mr. Dad) Brott’s own experiences, those of the hundreds of other dads he’s interviewed, and the advice of top researchers in the parenting field. THE NEW FATHER is invaluable not only for fathers, but for mothers interested in understanding parenting from a father’s point of view. Brott is the best-selling author of The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-be, A Dad’s Guide to the Toddler Years, and The Single Father: A Dad’s Guide to Parenting without a Partner.
THE NEW FATHERis divided into thirteen reassuring, easy-to-read chapters that will help the new father in every situation he is likely to encounter. The book starts with “Coming Home,” the first week of life with the new infant, and continues month-by-month through the first year, charting the baby’s physical, social, verbal, and intellectual development, and examining the emotional and psychological changes the new father may be experiencing. Topics include:
- Coping with unexpected anxieties and fears
- Making sense of your own emotions
- Working out sleeping and feeding schedules
- Analyzing the baby’s temperament
- Anticipating how the baby will affect your relationship with your partners—and what to do about it
- Specific things every father can do—from the baby’s first hours—to stay involved and build a close relationship with his child, even if he can’t be there as much as he’d like to
- Juggling your work and family roles
- Introducing the baby to music, reading, and even computers
Throughout THE NEW FATHER, lighthearted and witty cartoons underscore the universality of the joys and woes of parenting. This unique guide is an essential tool to help fathers through the first year of fatherhood’s lifelong commitment.
MrDad Shopping CartYour cart is empty
"Ask Mr. Dad" Archives
"Positive Parenting" Archives
"Positive Parenting for Military Families" Archives
If you're facing a challenge that requires a unique, customized solution, Mr. Dad does coaching for individuals or families.
Consulting and Speaking
Trying to reach the growing Dad market? Need an engaging, knowledgeable speaker? Well, NOBODY knows dads better than Mr. Dad!