[amazon asin=0983995907&template=thumbnail1&chan=default]Guest: Michael Gurian, author of How Do I Help Him?
Topic: A guide to working with boys and men.
Issues: The many ways boys and men are struggling in society; why the helping professions (therapists, health care workers, etc) aren’t equipped to actually help males; why approaches that work for women and girls will not work for men and boys.
- Interview with Lucretia McClenney, Director of the VA’s Center for Minority Veterans at the VA. www.va.gov/centerforminorityveterans
- Interview with Patricia Toles-Lucas, with the Veterans Crisis Line. www.veteranscrisisline.net — or 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- Interview with Anselm Beach, with the Veterans Health Administration. www.myhealthevet.va.gov
- Interview with Sabrina McNeil, with VetSuccess.gov. www.vetsuccess.gov
- Interview with Max Collier, Associate Director of the VA Center for Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. www.va.gov/cfbnpartnerships — or 202-461-7689
- Interview with Lakisha Wright, with the National Cemetery Administration. www.cem.va.gov
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). va.gov.
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans. www.va.gov/HOMELESS or 1-800-424-3838