Being a great dad (or the wife of a great dad!) is a challenge, and we all need a little help sometimes. Not all that long ago, being a “good father” mean being the provider protector, putting food on the table and shoes on everyone’s feet. That was all that was expected—and, in many ways, all that was allowed. But today, being a “good father” means a whole lot more. Sure, we’re still supposed to provide and protect. But we’re also supposed to be:
- A positive role model
- A mentor
- A coach
- A teacher and guide
- A regular presence in our children’s lives
- An active, involved participant in childcare and running the house
- An effective, productive employee or businessman
- A good husband
- A good communicator
- An upstanding member of our community
- A shoulder to cry on
- A living, breathing piece of playground equipment
- The heavy-lifting, carpool-driving, lawn-mowing, lunch-making, playdate-organizing, story-reading, dish-washing guy
Whew! That’s a lot of pressure.
What kind of dad do you want to be? And what’s keeping you from getting there?
I’ve spent the last 15+ years giving men the resources, guidance, practical tools, and support they need to be the dads they want to be—and their family needs them to be. So if you’re looking for practical, real-world, easily implementable solutions for any of the following, I can definitely help.
- How to be a more effective, confident, competent father
- How to better balance your work and family lives
- How to help your children thrive and reach their full potential
- How to stay involved, from pregnancy through the teen years and beyond
- How to cope with everyday parenting issues, from midnight wakeups, potty training, and helping with homework, to reading bedtime stories, bullies, and teen jobs
- How to build strong relationships with your children—no matter how old they are or how difficult they’re being
- How to stay in touch and keep relationships strong—even if you have to be away from your children because of work, divorce, or military deployment
- How to get your children to listen to you
- How to keep your relationship with you partner fresh and healthy
- How to be the very best dad you can possibly be
- Getting back your daddy mojo and your enthusiasm for fatherhood
Please contact us for availability and pricing.